Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dropout letters

Dropout is the term favoured by the printer to describe the L's and K's missing from the proofs. I circle the gaps where the letters used to be. It takes hours. Not one of us can offer any plausible explanation: I am stumped, the designer rechecks all the files for clues, even the printer admits how mysterious it all is. [Nothing personal, but I'd been hoping not to hear from him again until after the book was printed]. The closest anyone gets to working out what has gone wrong is M, who suggests the letters L and K have been over-used, and that we may now be facing a global shortage. B OODY FUC ING MARVE OUS...


Post a Comment

<< Home